Naomhoga Chorcai hosted another great Currach Regatta in September!
A massive thanks to all the crews who travelled from Kerry, Clare, Galway and Dublin and participated; to Naomhoga Chorcai members’ support and all the hard work and preparation to make it all happen, míle buiochas in no particular order:
- Susanne’s vision to host it, and her hard work and management skills at making following orders seem like fun!
- John, Hammy etc for the fantastic fund-raiser céilí and Sharon’s amazing drive for raffle prizes in February
- Mónica for the great poster and t-shirt designs
- Collette, Elaine on the food stall and all the generous NC sandwich makers and bakers for providing a great spread to keep everyone on-site and fueled on the day
- Ray, Seanie, Tom and Eoin for towing and use of the Clare league currachs
- The Idle Hour for hosting the music and dancing afterwards
- Carey's Tool Hire and Union Chandlery for sponsorship
- and many others who made it all happen!
Looking forward to 2019!
Antoinette O'Brian, who raced a family crew in a three hand racer this with husband Bob and Daughter Amy.
First Time captain, husband on stroke, first time O2C daughter in middle first time O2C. Starting off so many things in my head. remember the gates, take it easy at the start, don't get tangled at the start etc. etc. Not a great start, we got in a tangle, half back from Roches point realised why the rowing was just so hard, my oars were upside down and I was the captain. Could not see the gate at cobh, nearly killed a kyaker, twice. Amy wanted to give up at cobh but she dug deep and she found it from somewhere and she went on to row like hell, she never let up. Bob I don't know how he managed it but he kept it on a line. What an achievement I am so trilled and so proud of Amy and Bob. And to our Support team Michael for bringing us to the race, Kate for dropping collecting and bringing us home late and Naomhoga Chorcai who gave us the opportunity to 'live a dream' Thank you
Tuesday 7th June - Visiting Group from Dresden:
Stefan would appreciate if anyone was available to bring a group from Dresden, Germany out on the water tomorrow evening. Meet at Shandon at 6pm - a 'gentle row' promised! Please indicate below if you are available.
Saturday 11th June - The Inter-Firm Dragon Boat Challenge:
The Inter-Firm Dragon Boat Challenge will take place this Saturday 2pm - 7pm. The success of the Dragon Boat Challenge depends on support from Naomhóga Chorcaí. It is a crucial fundraiser for the organisers, Meitheal Mara, as well as a fantastic opportunity to get hundreds of people on the water in the city centre in Cork. More than anything it is a great days entertainment for participants and volunteers alike. All volunteers welcome.
Please contact Joya - email@example.com - to indicate your availability.
Thanks in advance to you all for your support. It is, as always, much appreciated.
Naomhoga Chorcai Website
Naomhóga chorcaí blog & news